Handy Hints (14) – Obtaining family dispute resolution certificates

9 March 2022


OSD Presents…Handy Hint (14)

In parenting matters parties are required to attempt Family Dispute Resolution before making an application to the Court for orders.

However, in some limited cases, matters require an urgent hearing and the applicant can apply for an exemption.

These cases include where there are matters of serious risk of harm to a child, including but not limited to drug use/abuse, mental health concerns, or family violence, or serious risk that a child might otherwise be removed from the jurisdiction.

If you have any queries about FDR certificates please contact us.

We’re Here to Help

Family law matters can be difficult and complex. If you require any assistance with a family law dispute, always contact a legal practitioner who will be able to help.

O’Sullivan Davies has practitioners experienced in dealing with all family law issues. More information about our services can be found at our About Us page here.


This article is not legal advice and the views and comments are of a general nature only. This article is not to be relied upon in substitution for detailed legal advice.

If you would like to republish this article, please contact us prior to doing so at info@osullivandavies.com.au.