• Property received after separation

    How is property acquired after separation treated? As with many issues in family law, it depends on the circumstances.

  • Tips for a Maintenance Application

    To obtain spousal maintenance in Perth / Western Australia, we look to Section 72 of the Family Law Act 1975 (section 205ZC of the Family Court Act 1997 for de facto couples).

  • From the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’ to Financial Agreements: Securing Australia’s Generational Wealth Transfer

    Demographically, Australia is experiencing significant intergenerational wealth transfers and will continue to do so for some time. 

  • Financial Agreements

    Pre-nuptial Agreements, Cohabitation Agreements and Binding Financial Arrangements are more accurately (in a legal sense) known as Financial Agreements.