O’Sullivan Davies Lawyers Presents – ‘How To Find Love And Not A Psycho’
21 September 2020
O’Sullivan Davies Lawyers held its first O’Sullivan Davies Lawyers Presents event since COVID-19, featuring special guest Dr Phil Watts, forensic psychologist and author of ‘How To Find Love And Not A Psycho’, a book based on his studies and extensive professional expertise garnered over 30 years.
Limiting numbers to adhere with social distancing protocols, the fully subscribed event in O’Sullivan Davies’ office was entertaining and insightful in equal measure, with Dr Watts sharing tips on how to find everlasting love, which included him discussing:
- How to identify red flags early
- Fake news and the initial presentation including ‘love-bombing’
- What happens to the brain when you feel love
- Checklists, know what you want and know what you don’t
- The 90 per cent rule
- The myth that opposites attract and the truth that complementary opposites attract
- ‘Before you buy a horse, check out the stable’, considerations to family origin
- Childhood conflict resolution that can build personality disorders
- Stable and unstable patterns of attachment
Presenting with his wife of 30 years, Bethwyn, Dr Watts kept the conversation light and relatable to both family lawyers and anyone interested in avoiding ‘psychos’. His number one tip if you are engaged with a psycho? Get them to reject you.
If you are interested in reading Dr Watts’ book, it can be purchased online here.
O’Sullivan Davies Lawyers Presents event series are hosted in the stunning offices of a family law firm that aims to inspire, educate and entertain friends of the firm with interesting speakers. To receive an invitation to future events, please email email@example.com.